Hello! My name is Andrea. I started this blog to share my ideas and thoughts with people and to get myself engaged into interesting activities and conversations involving Math, Science, Engineering and other geeky stuff.
Here is some basic info about me.
- I am, actually, an Italian expat in Denmark at the moment.
- I was born in Pisa but lived longer time of my life in what I consider my actual hometown: Syracuse in beautiful Sicily.
- I have studied Computer Science Engineering and now proudly hold a Bachelor and a Master degree in that major.
- After some jobs, internships and study trips, I started working as a Software Engineer at Microsoft in 2014 and I am still happily holding that position today.
Interests: Basically I like sports and music. I have been a swimmer and an open water swimmer for many years, however I have recently switched to Diving (no scuba). These past years I have been enjoying diving in Master Diving competitions across the world representing Denmark. However I also like (bike) riding and running.
I do not have a favorite singer, I like almost everything that has a good sound… I know it is very vague, but that’s the truth. I also like learning foreign languages. Finally, I have a real passion for Math and Science; that’s why, after work, I usually turn into a scientist and run some personal side projects, on my own, involving Big Data and Computer Science.
I am part of a few communities. I personally love StackExchange and I am an active member in many of the communities therein. If you want to engage in some problem solving related activity, you can find me there.
About the blog
I like solving problems and challenging myself. The reason why I decided to start this blog was mainly to share my ideas and curiosity and engage with other enthusiasts like me about the topics I like the most.
Articles, posts and notes
I publish three types of content here:
- Articles Typically long documents discussing certain topics at technical level, presenting data and results from investigations.
- Posts Not necessary long, not extremely technical. I write them when specific topics can be discussed more informally and without a rigorous exposition.
- Notes Short documents dealling with different topics in a very lightweight approach. They are used to present theories or expose facts without a deeper discussion.
A few notes on commenting
In my blog, I allow anyone to comment on the articles, posts and notes I write. I request you follow some simple guidelines and the basic principles of Netiquette:
- Inappropriate content: Don’t post illegal, immoral, racist, inconvenient or rude content. Every comment containing one of these elements will be removed and, when required, reasonably notified to authorities. This applies to linked pages too.
- Be considered: Do not mention other people’s activity, names, information that might violate their privacy. What you post should concern about is you and you only.
- Be pertinent: Don’t post content that is not related to the article, post or note your are about to comment.
- No spam: I guess it’s easy to understand :).